NIGHT VFR ENDORSEMENT:
The NVFR can be added to your PPL (or CPL).
The minimum syllabus is 10 hours of dual flight training including at least one flight 100 nautical miles from the takeoff point then a flight test.
You may wish to do an additional 5 hours of solo night flight at the same time – if you should later add an instrument rating you will not then be restricted to day operations only.
The NVFR can be done in a single engine aircraft or a multi-engine aircraft.
AN APPLICAT FOR A VFR RATING MUST:
- Hold a private pilot licence, commercial pilot licence and
- Have at least 5 hours of aeronautical experience at night as pilot of an aeroplane including at least one hour of dual flight and one hour of solo night circuits
- At least 3 hours of dual instrument time.
- 10 hours of Dual Flight Training
- At least one flight of 100 nautical miles from the takeoff point
- Flight Test