Recreational and Private Pilot License:
If you are looking to fulfil a dream to fly as an exciting hobby or as another pathway to a future career, then a Recreational Pilot Certificate may be for you! You will enjoy learning to fly in our vast selection of aircrafts.
With no more than the health standard to hold a private motor vehicle driver’s licence required, you can start your flight training immediately. All theory and flight testing is conducted in-house as approved by Recreational Aviation Australia.
We are here to help you achieve your dreams - please contact us to find out just how easy it is to gain your Recreational Pilots License. An applicant for a recreational pilot licence must be at least 16, though you may begin your training at age 15.
You must have:
- Passed the aeronautical knowledge examination for a recreational pilot licence and the associated aircraft category rating; and
- Completed flight training for a recreational pilot licence and
- The associated aircraft category rating; and
- Passed the flight test for a recreational pilot licence and the associated aircraft category rating
- You must have completed at least 25 hours of flight time as pilot of an aircraft of the category for which the associated aircraft category rating is sought, including at least 20 hours of dual flight; and at least 5 hours of solo flight time.